Friday, August 19, 2011

Only Two


These last three months have gone by so quickly. It seems like just last week I was saying, "Five months is plenty of time to plan a wedding." Well, we're less than two months away now and we've only just started with our serious planning.

I've only attended two weddings my whole life: My sister's, when I was 10 and my brother's, when I was 14. It's safe to say that going into this, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. But with a lot of help from Michael, our family and friends, we're making progress.

The hardest part of planning a wedding is knowing that we're not only planning it for ourselves, but also for the 60+ guests that will be attending. It's a lot of pressure for two people who hate making a spectacle of themselves.

All that being said, I couldn't be more excited about getting married. The idea of spending the rest of my life with the person who makes me happier than I ever could've imagined still feels surreal, and I consider myself to be one of the luckiest girls ever.

Here's a little sneaky peak of what we've been working on/planning.




If you plan to make a lot of the decorations for your wedding, I highly recommend the book Handmade Weddings by Euncie and Sabrina Moyle and Shana Faust. It has so many ideas to suit your taste, from organic minimalist to modern classic.

Love, Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment