Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolution: Live Simply


 2011 was an amazing year. I got engaged, moved in with my fiance, made fiance my husband, he graduated, got a great job and made me smile every single day. And I didn't even make a resolution for the year!
In fact, this is the first year I've made a resolution. It's really more of a goal, really.

Anyway. 
I've always considered myself to be a simple person. It doesn't take much to make me happy. But this year I want to take that simplicity to a new level. I want to apply the philosophy of simple living to every aspect of my life. Home decor: simple. Food I eat: simple. Recreational activities: simple. The less I have, the less I have to worry about, and who couldn't benefit from that? 

So here are a few things I'd like to focus on for 2012

1. Eat more whole, natural foods. Probably the easiest aspect.

2. Do at least one yoga pose per day. Because Whole Living told me to.

3. Read more. It's good for you, duh.

4. Buy less. We could probably all stand to do this.

5. Become more self-sustaining. Garden, make your own soap, etc.

6. Make yourself more available. To friends, clients and family. Be present in every moment and make plans and keep them.
 
7. Get outside every day. I know it sounds ridiculous, but sometimes on my days off I don't even  step outside.

8. Unplug from technology for a whole day, at least once a month. Just to see what happens.


So, here's to a new year and a new way of life. 

Cheers, friends.